I'm looking for a company go with to apex track day at UMC on Sep/30th

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by gpaddict, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Any of you guys going for just for apex track day at UMC on Sep/30th and going back to Boise the same day, Friday? I'm looking for a company to go with, never been to UMC so don't wanna go by my self incase sh...t happens, can't stay for a weekend, I need to go back to Boise on Friday due to I'm leaving for east cost next day. So if you have similar plans and going just for a track day, and cool with having company let me know, gladly will split expenses.

2. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

I wish I could but can't afford it right now. Will this be your first time?

3. Yep, first time at UMC. New track so would be cool to go there with a company, get some pointers about this track layout and lines, and cut some cost too. I just noticed that everyone here in Boise not really interested in helping out new peeps. :(

4. People here are happy to help. The problem is that no one is "here" (boiseriders) now. :(

If you ever want to ride trials we have a small dedicated group and welcome new riders. We ride year round so you can get your 2 wheel fix in the winter. ;)

5. Wish I hadnt seen this so late. Is it still too late to register?

6. I don't think so, I'm not registered ether because I still don't know if I'm gonna go by my self, if ill find company then gonna register.

7. Fair enough, If i had a bit more advanced notice I would definitely be down to go. Wife might be a little cranky if I suggest a last minute track day lol.

8. Whats your plan for getting there and back in just one day?

9. No, leaving to salt lake on Thursday afternoon, staying at the hotel, get some sleep, and then Friday track day and then 5pm packing and going back to boise, we should be back around 10pm. Going to salt lake and coming back the same day would be a little to much, we wanna go fast and not be tired from the trip.

10. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

11. Look at this, this way, Friday will be last nice day for the season 78' nice, Mid Oct track day will be 60's and after that its gonna be long wait for the season to start in 2017 so I want to take advantage of this nice weather and have some fun!!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  12. That's nice, that's even if ill ride in advance group?
    BTW how is it advance group with apex? are these guys courteous on passing or its more like race day mentality? I'm asking just because every place is different, I have done track days in NW and over there everyone are very courteous and then I have done some track days in FL and guys there are more like race ready "practice" all that don't bother me, joust curious :)

13. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

I will not ride in the A group. They are racers.

14. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

The referral program is for people who have never ridden with Apex

15. So IF I never done Apex track day I can get some discount even if I ride A group? Me like it :)
    BTW, You been there few times I'm guessing, what would you say in the A group, middle pack group guys, what lap times they are running there 2:00min?

16. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

I would guess 1:50 and lower

17. Any of you guys know if Apex do have gear rentals? (we need some boots)
    And can we pay at the track with credit card ? or its usually sold out

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  18. Waldo

Waldo Moderator

They do have gear. You need to contact them via the email addresses on their website. Yes you can pay at the track BUT the price goes up. If you contact them via the email addresses on their website they might help.

19. I just moved here and want to hit some trails. How do I find this group? FYI I'm not a pro in the dirt by any means but I can ride.

20. Well, I just realized you wrote Trials, not Trails. Wish I had one of those but I don't think I'd keep up on my wr.