Dual sport rider looking for riders

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Enok, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Hi!

Me and my wife moved to Boise about 6 months ago, and would like to find a good group of dual sport bikers/explorers to hook up with.
    I'm up for day trips and multi day trips on weekends or weekdays. Dirt roads and trails, sand and mud. Anything that takes me to new places.
    I'd love to explore every nook and cranny of this part of the country, but as it sometimes gets pretty remote I'd like to have someone else around.

We came back about a year ago from a six months trip riding KLR:s from Utah to Argentina through back roads and more untraveled paths.
    We've since sold the KLR:s and I'm now riding a XR650L.

I don't know how alive this forum is for dual sport riders, and if there is some other meeting place for us around.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Bikerlibre likes this.
  2. Hi there. I will be hitting the dirt once it warms up again. I usually go for dirt roads and 2 track but sometimes just have to see where that trail goes...... No matter how many times I have gone through stuff thinking "sure hope I don't have to ride back up/down that" I end up doing it. My schedule is very flexible so I ride when the weather is good for riding. Shoot me a PM and I'll get in touch before the first ride of the season.

Enok likes this.

3. Enok, I've been looking for dual sport riders as well. I ride a street legal XR650R! All my buddies are sportbike riders. I'm always down to ride. I've done a little riding up 8th street, Idaho City and up near Pine/Featherville area. As soon as the weather warms up a little, let's go! Shoot me a PM.

4. Wow! what an awesome adventure that must have been Enok.
    Things seem to be drying out quickly now....Let's get out and ride!

5. Also new to town, riding a street legal XR650R and anxious to explore the new country. I’ve got a flexible schedule too. It’d be great to catch up with you all when this happens if I’ve not already missed out.

6. Hey Bowhunter, welcome to Boise. This coming weekend looks like rain so how does 4/14 sound to you guys? 99Bassa and another friend of mine are considering a ride in the Owyhees near Murphy. Easy riding but lot's of options and plenty of open space.
    Does your flexible scheudle allow for weekday rides?

7. Hey! Thanks for writing back!
    I’m not sure about 4-14. I’m a 4-H instructor and there were plans being made for a training in Nevada that weekend. I’ve not heard from them in a bit though so I’m not sure what my schedule is right now. I’ll keep you posted. Otherwise it sounds great.
    Yes, flexible schedule means I’m available during the week. But I’ll be heading to Alaska the first part of May and will be gone till Elk season.

8. Ok, I'll let you know of any plans we make and hope you and anyone else interested can get out for a ride.

9. We're definitely planning a Saturday 4/14 ride in the Owyhees near Murphy. Anyone interested, let me know.

10. Ok! My plans just got cancelled so I’m in for a ride this weekend!

11. Are you guys riding out there or trailering?

12. We'll be trailering out there as I'm an hour+ away. I've got about a 60 mile ride layed out. If you have Google Earth, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the tracks.

13. Sorry to have missed you guys today. I got stuck behind a cattle drive for about 45 minutes. I found the place and rode for a bit. Didn’t want tonpish it being out there alone and all. Made it back to the parking lot and met a fellow test riding the Alta. He let me take it for a spin. I was surprisingly impressed.
    Anyhow, sorry to have missed you, I hope you all had a good ride and hope to catch you on the next one.

14. Why I missed the ride. Idaho traffic jam.

51F67036-E20B-4B38-9758-101E8BDC13CD.jpeg 63E0C6F5-DC99-4189-9C33-957AD0B86655.jpeg

15. Rollin' rollin' rollin'....that's a bum steer and I'm sorry we didn't have a way to reach you to know what was happening. Can't blame you for not riding out too far, I'd have been lost 5 miles from the parking lot without Bassa's gps guiding the way. We had a good ride. Alta....cool!